ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
So we may assist with your order promptly and smoothly please adhere to the following artwork specifications and guidelines.
PAD PRINTED JOBS 1 to 4 Colours
Digital artwork to be supplied in PC-formatted EPS files created or Adobe AI file with no background.
- Where possible supply artwork to the imprint area size allocated to that particular product
- Ensure that all text/fonts have been created to outlines/curves to avoid font problems
- Multi-colour up artwork to the pantone colours to be printed (Solid Coated Colours)
- Logos for single colour maybe supplied as solid Black (this will be the ‘print’)
- We cannot use placed images, PDF’s or JPEG’s - all artwork must be fully editable vector graphics
- Gradients and percentages of colour cannot be achieved by pad printing.
- Where logos have percentages of a colour - a solid PMS colour maybe assigned to each percentage to form a solid colour design.
- Consider how the artwork will appear on the required product ie. square logos can be very small when reduced to fit on pens
- Avoid having very complex logos at small imprint sizes - the smaller the logo the higher the chance the detail will fill in/be lost
- Avoid having important artwork close to the trim/finish edge of products
- Maintain legible text to be no less than 1.5 mm with 2mm preferred
Note: some curved surfaces may distort images slightly to some degree under natural occurrence.
It is of the utmost importance to approve artwork as soon as possible in order for us to meet delivery dates. If approvals are delayed, rush charges and/or expedited freight if required will be at the customer’s expense. Artwork proofs must be approved within 24 hours of receipt in order for us to hold production schedule.
Our competitive pricing and lead times are made possible by accepting print ready finished artwork. We reserve the right to charge artwork set up costs at a minimum of $55 per hour for any artwork changes necessary to achieve print ready files or artwork changes requested by our clients. Artwork changes will consequently affect production and delivery schedules. Two art proofs are provided without charge, additional proofs $25 each.