Coastal Pad and Promotional Printing recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points We will encourage customers, suppliers and manufacturers to do the same.
Coastal Pad and Promotional Printing is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all staff and employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase staff and employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office and double side print.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
- We will promote paperless documentation and filing where possible.
Energy and Water Consumption
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Cooling and heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products and equipment will be considered when purchasing.
- All water outlets, heaters and amenities will be monitored for any leaks and promptly repaired.
- Water usage will be conserved where possible with overall consumption in mind.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport, carpooling or bicycles.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- We will where possible purchase supplies in bulk and limit our on-demand for couriers.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- We will correctly dispose of all waste in its correct bin allocation.
- All hazardous Products will be safely stored and correctly disposed of.
- All maintenance will be conducted by reputable and qualified technicians.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will increase staff and employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff and employees in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with all staff and employees where necessary.
- We will provide staff and employees with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with customers, suppliers and manufactures to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour, products and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.